First off, Ruby Fizz ran like a dream last Sunday. Tickets sold out, and we had a really fantastic (and varied) crowd. Thank you to everyone who came, performed, dressed up, donated anything to the raffle, bought a raffle ticket, helped us set up, etc. A big thank you also to the lovely Birgit and Halim at Checocho, who made it all happen.
In other news, Rocco & Spanki came near the end of their gestation period at Ahimsa house a couple of nights ago, at the Trash Video fund-raiser. A marvellous time was had by all – twelve sets of excellent entertainers…entertained a room full of alternative-film supporters.
Highlights for me included:
- Sam & Dan (the Millennium Bug)
- Mistress Mandarella and her real bunny rabbit
- Simon Chan’s recitation of some classic poems
- Lady Vee’s classy burlesque
- Maiden Speech, who remind us not to fear the 80s
Here are a couple of photos:
Don’t forget that Rocco & Spanki will be born properly at the Queensland Poetry Festival in August. Watch this space. xo