Zenobia Frost is an editor with Stilts Journal. Her work can be found in Cordite, Scum, Woolf Pack, Australian Poetry Journal and Contemporary Feminist Poetry. Her poetry collection, Salt and Bone, is available from Walleah Press.
She is an MPhil candidate at the Queensland University of Technology, writing new poems that respond to the paradox of place identity and transience in sharehouse accommodation.
Zenobia is a 2017 Queensland Writers Fellowship recipient; this prize supports the development of her next collection of poems.
Grants and prizes
- Overland Judith Wright Prize for New and Emerging Poets: shortlisted, 2017
- Queensland Literary Awards: Queensland Writers Fellowship, 2017
- Red Room Poetry Fellowship: shortlisted, 2017
- ArtStart 2015, Australia Council
- FAW Anne Elder Award: commended, 2014
- Overland Judith Wright Prize for New and Emerging Poets: shortlisted, 2013
- John Marsden Prize for Young Australian Writers: 2nd Prize, 2013
- Thomas Shapcott Prize for an Unpublished Manuscript: shortlisted, 2013
- Varuna, the Writers’ House Professional Development Residency, funded by the Copyright Agency’s Creative Industries Career Fund (Nov. 2012)
- John Marsden Prize for Young Australian Writers: 3rd Prize, 2011
- University of Queensland Kingshott Cassidy Poetry Award, 2011
- University of Queensland Ford Memorial Prize, 2009
- Cordite Poetry Review: coordinating editor, 2012–present
- Woolf Pack: poetry editor, 2016–present
- Voiceworks Magazine: poetry editor/committee member, 2012–2014
- OffStreet Press: managing editor/arts editor, 2012
- Rave Magazine: arts editor, 2010–12
- Queensland Poetry Festival: committee member/volunteer, 2007–12