Zenobia Frost is a writer and editor based in Brisbane, Australia. Her work can be found in Cordite, Scum, Overland, Meanjin and Contemporary Feminist Poetry. She won the 2018 Val Vallis Award for her poem, ‘Reality On-Demand‘.
Zenobia’s latest poetry collection, After the Demolition (Cordite Books) won the 2020 Wesley Michel Wright Award and was recently shortlisted for the NSW Premier’s Literary Awards. Read more about it in the LA Review of Books.
- Cordite: ‘Meditation on the Body‘ (participatory poem shortlisted in the 2021 Woollahra Digital Literary Award)
Best enjoyed with headphones on a laptop/desktop. Visit itch.io for more.
- Australian Book Review: ‘Turning the Indiana Bell‘ (poem)
- Best of Australian Poems 2021: ‘sandwiches‘ (poem)
- Art Starts Here: 40 Years of Metro Arts (editor, 2020)
This gorgeous coffee-table history book charts the living history of Metro Arts in Brisbane, from its gutsy DIY beginnings to its bright future. Designed by Sean Dowling and Ashleigh Jacobsen.
- Wesley Michel Wright Poetry Prize, 2020
- Queensland Premier’s Young Publishers and Writers Award, 2020
Sponsored by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland.
- Lord Mayor’s Young and Emerging Artists Fellowship recipient, 2020
The Lord Mayor’s Young and Emerging Artists Fellowships are an initiative of Brisbane City Council.
- Kenneth Slessor Prize for Poetry: shortlisted, 2020
- Master’s degree (MPhil by Creative Work) attained at QUT: “According to our bond”: The poetics of share house place attachment in Brisbane.
- Arts Queensland Val Vallis Prize: first place, 2018
- Overland Judith Wright Prize for Emerging Poets: shortlisted, 2017, 2013
- Queensland Literary Awards: Queensland Writers Fellowship, 2017
- Red Room Poetry Fellowship: shortlisted, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Australia Council ArtStart Grant, 2015
- FAW Anne Elder Award: commended, 2014
- Arts Queensland Thomas Shapcott Prize: shortlisted, 2013
- University of Queensland Kingshott Cassidy Poetry Award, 2011
- Queensland Art Gallery | Gallery of Modern Art: Assistant Editor, Digital, 2022–present; Acting Assistant Editor, 2021–22
- Queensland Poetry: Marketing and Events Manager, 2020–21;
Communications Coordinator, 2019; committee member, 2007–12
- Stilts Journal: co-editor, 2018
- Cordite Poetry Review: coordinating editor, 2012–2017
- Woolf Pack: poetry editor, 2016–2018
- Voiceworks Magazine: poetry editor/committee member, 2012–2014
- Rave Magazine: arts editor, 2010–12