Zenobia Frost is a poet based in Brisbane, Australia. Her work can be found in Cordite, Scum, Woolf Pack, Australian Poetry Journal and Contemporary Feminist Poetry. She won the 2018 Val Vallis Award for her poem, ‘Reality On-Demand‘.
In 2019, she attained a master’s degree (MPhil by Creative Work) at QUT: “According to our bond”: The poetics of share house place attachment in Brisbane.
Zenobia currently facilitates Panacea Poets for Queensland Poetry Festival.
Grants and prizes
- Kenneth Slessor Prize for Poetry: shortlisted, 2020
- Arts Queensland Val Vallis Prize: first place, 2018
- Overland Judith Wright Prize for Emerging Poets: shortlisted, 2017, 2013
- Queensland Literary Awards: Queensland Writers Fellowship, 2017
- Red Room Poetry Fellowship: shortlisted, 2017, 2018, 2020
- ArtStart 2015, Australia Council
- FAW Anne Elder Award: commended, 2014
- John Marsden Prize for Young Australian Writers: 2nd Prize, 2013; 3rd prize, 2011
- Arts Queensland Thomas Shapcott Prize: shortlisted, 2013
- Varuna Professional Development Residency (Creative Industries Career Fund), 2012
- University of Queensland Kingshott Cassidy Poetry Award, 2011
- Metro Arts: Editor, Metro Arts History Project (forthcoming 2020)
- Queensland Poetry Festival: Marketing and Events Manager, 2020;
Communications Coordinator, 2019; committee member, 2007–12
- Stilts Journal: co-editor, 2018
- Cordite Poetry Review: coordinating editor, 2012–2017
- Woolf Pack: poetry editor, 2016–2018
- Voiceworks Magazine: poetry editor/committee member, 2012–2014
- Rave Magazine: arts editor, 2010–12