Zenobia Frost is a poet based in Brisbane, Australia. Her work can be found in Cordite, Scum, Overland, Meanjin and Contemporary Feminist Poetry. She won the 2018 Val Vallis Award for her poem, ‘Reality On-Demand‘.
Zenobia currently facilitates Panacea Poets for Queensland Poetry Festival.
- Art Starts Here: 40 Years of Metro Arts (editor, 2020)
This gorgeous coffee-table history book charts the living history of Metro Arts in Brisbane, from its gutsy DIY beginnings to its bright future.
- ‘Blueprint: Bramble Terrace’ (interactive twine poem)
Explore an abandoned house in Red Hill, Brisbane before it is demolished. 🤖🏚
- Archer Asks: Katy O’Brian, actor and martial artist (interview)
- O’Brian joined Z Nation in its final season as George, a soft-spoken, soft-butch badass who leads post-zombie America towards social unity. The dystopian vibes of the current pandemic seemed like the perfect time to ask: What Would George Do? 🧟♂️💪🌈
- Wesley Michel Wright Poetry Prize, 2020
- Queensland Premier’s Young Publishers and Writers Award, 2020
Sponsored by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland.
- Lord Mayor’s Young and Emerging Artists Fellowship recipient, 2020
The Lord Mayor’s Young and Emerging Artists Fellowships are an initiative of Brisbane City Council.
- Kenneth Slessor Prize for Poetry: shortlisted, 2020
- Master’s degree (MPhil by Creative Work) attained at QUT: “According to our bond”: The poetics of share house place attachment in Brisbane.
- Arts Queensland Val Vallis Prize: first place, 2018
- Overland Judith Wright Prize for Emerging Poets: shortlisted, 2017, 2013
- Queensland Literary Awards: Queensland Writers Fellowship, 2017
- Red Room Poetry Fellowship: shortlisted, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Australia Council ArtStart Grant, 2015
- FAW Anne Elder Award: commended, 2014
- Arts Queensland Thomas Shapcott Prize: shortlisted, 2013
- University of Queensland Kingshott Cassidy Poetry Award, 2011
- Queensland Poetry Festival: Marketing and Events Manager, 2020;
Communications Coordinator, 2019; committee member, 2007–12
- Stilts Journal: co-editor, 2018
- Cordite Poetry Review: coordinating editor, 2012–2017
- Woolf Pack: poetry editor, 2016–2018
- Voiceworks Magazine: poetry editor/committee member, 2012–2014
- Rave Magazine: arts editor, 2010–12