I’m fairly sure yesterday was the best birthday ever.
I had a wonderful time with Nerissa (as Madrigal Maladies) at SpeedPoets earlier in the day. Big thanks to Graham & Jules and the lovely crowd at The Alibi Room.
The launch at !Metro Arts in the evening was an absolute dream event. Somewhere between 80 and 100 friends and family came along (we lost count!), the book supply nearly sold out and the punctuative cupcakes were gone in a snap.
Thank you to:
- Kim and the team at !Metro Arts
- Ross and Jeff at SweetWater Press
- Bettina Walsh, artist extraordinaire
- The writing circle that shall remain unnamed
- Tiara, our fabulous Merch Girl
- Rob Morris, grooviest poet in Brisbane and a gent with excellent taste in shoes (thank you, thank you, thank you; they fit perfectly)
- James Sherlock, jazz-guitar maestro
- The (other) Frosts for supplying a dozen excellent bottles of wine
- Caitie for a fine day of baking fun
- Everyone else involved with catering: Mum, Tina & Jerome, and the family members who helped out
- Dad, whom I know would have loved to have been there; your messages from afar were much appreciated (and don’t worry, there’s a video!)
- All the gorgeous people who came along or sent messages of support, especially those old friends who came out of the woodwork to say hullo
- The crazy ladies and gents who came along to The Pancake Manor (etc.) after the launch, and the waitress who put extra blueberries on our pancakes
- Those who took photos or video (I look forward to seeing them!)
I had a great time, I couldn’t be happier with the book, and I hope you all enjoy The Voyage (and are amused by my inscriptions, if you had your copy signed).
I’m pleasantly tired today, and intend to spend the rest of the afternoon in my pyjamas, probably watching The Hunger.